Carol A. Cesaretti
111 West Monroe Street, Suite 700
Chicago, Illinois 60603
201 N Illinois Street, South Tower, Suite 1600
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Carol A. Cesaretti is General Counsel and Managing Partner of the Chicago office at Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., and also practices from the firm’s Indianapolis office. She is an accomplished insurance defense litigator with over 20 years of experience. A veteran insurance industry lawyer, Ms. Cesaretti, represents Fortune 100 companies, self-insureds and works closely with third party administrators and insurance carriers. Her expertise includes defending workers’ compensation claims. She created and implemented the firm’s National Dedicated Medicare Compliance Group. Ms. Cesaretti is experienced in risk management and provides consulting and expert services to business entities to help reduce potential future exposure. Ms. Cesaretti also focuses in the areas of subrogation, business litigation, commercial transactions and BitTorrent defense.
An active and respected member in the insurance arena, Ms. Cesaretti is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, and her professional affiliations also include the Council on Litigation Management, Illinois Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute.
Ms. Cesaretti is involved in the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. She is an active member of the Women’s Affinity Group.
Ms. Cesaretti received her Juris Doctor from Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa in 1997 and Bachelor of Arts from Arizona State University in 1992.
Ms. Cesaretti is licensed to practice law in Illinois and is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Admitted in Illinois only.
- “Handling a workers’ comp claim in IL, What you need to know,” 2017
- “Work Comp Basics,” 2016
- “Case Management Challenges,” CCMSI, 2015
- “Just the Facts: WC Basic Handling,” Corvel, 2013
- “Case Law Updates,” Illinois State Bar Association Seminar, 2012
- “Historic Changes: 2011 Illinois Workers' Compensation Reform," NCI Works, 2011
- "Evaluating Permanency" SRS, 2010
- “Workers’ Compensation Pitfalls,” NCI Northern Central Illinois Works, 2009
- “Top 10 Ways to Screw Up Your Workers’ Compensation Case,” Acuity Insurance, 2009
- “How to Reduce Your Work Comp Costs by Good Accident Investigations,” 2008
- "Workers' Compensation 101," PMA Insurance, 2008
- “Initial Case Analysis,” Illinois State Bar Association Seminar, 2008
- “Including Overtime in AWW Calculations- New Developments,” SRS, 2007
- “CSI: Comprehensive Subrogation Investigation,” Gallagher Bassett, 2006
- “Hot Topics in Workers’ Compensation,” Illinois State Bar Association Seminar on Section 12 Examinations, 2005
- “The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law,” 89th Annual Conference for the Illinois Municipal League, 2002
- “The Use of a Medical Evaluator in Workers’ Compensation Litigation,” 2000
- “Litigation of Workers’ Compensation Claims in Illinois,” 2000
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medicare Compliance Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
Drake University Law School, J.D. (1997)
Arizona State University, B.A. (1992)