Amy L. Turnbaugh
111 West Monroe Street, Suite 700
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Amy L. Turnbaugh is a partner in the Chicago office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Ms. Turnbaugh represents employers, self-insured employers, insurers, carriers and servicing agents in the defense of workers' compensation claims. She regularly appears before arbitrators, the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission, and in the circuit and appellate court levels to resolve and expedite claims through settlement, trial and appeal throughout Illinois.
Ms. Turnbaugh has over 20 years of experience handling complex workers' compensation defense claims. Prior to joining QPWB, she was a senior associate attorney, for a Chicago workers' compensation defense law firm.
Ms. Turnbaugh received her Juris Doctor from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Camden, New Jersey in 2000 and a Bachelor of Arts from Rockford College, Illinois in 1995. While in law school, she served on a judicial clerkship at the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois.
Ms. Turnbaugh lectures to industry professionals, trade associations, medical providers and clients on topics relating to all areas of workers' compensation defense and claims handling.
She is licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Lectures and Presentations
- "ERA...Is It Now Or Never?" In House CLE Lecturer; 2020
- "Time To Retire? Time For The Reaper...Ethical Issues For The Aging Practitioner" - In House CLE Lecturer; 2020
- "Employee Slip And Falls - When Is An Accident At Work Not A Work Related Accident?" - EBANI Lecturer; 2019
- "Legal Rights For Pets: Pet Custody And Trusts" - In House CLE Lecturer; 2018
- "Controlling Medical Cost...It's Like The Wild, Wild West; A Panel Discussion" - Client Program Lecturer; 2018
- "Case Law Update" - In House CLE Lecturer; 2018
- "Medical Management: What You Can Do To Keep Treatment And Costs Under Control" - Client Program Lecturer; 2017
- "Tribal Law Primer" - In House CLE Lecturer; 2016
- "Vocational Rehabilitation & Workers' Compensation" - EBANI Lecturer with Ed Steffen/E.P.S. Rehab; 2016
- "Subrogation And Lien Protection" - Client Program Lecturer; 2016
- "Work Comp Orthopedic Case Studies; A Panel Discussion" - DuPage Medical Group Lecturer; 2015
- "Divorce And Pets: What Happens To Fido?" - In House CLE Lecturer; 2015
- "Preventing, Managing And Winning Back Claims In Illinois" - EBANI Lecturer with Dr. Steven Mather; 2015
- "Intoxication Defense" - In House CLE Lecturer; 2014
- "Innovative & Proactive Claims Management And Injury Prevention To Mitigate Your Workers' Compensation Risks - Before, During And After The Accident" - EBANI Lecturer with Dr. Michael Vender; 2014
- "Workers' Compensation In Illinois: Return To Work Strategies" - Client Program Lecturer; 2014
- "Managing Challenging Preexisting Conditions And Other Complex Causation Issues" - Illinois Workers' Compensation Forum Lecturer; 2013
- "Comprehensive Update On The Implementation Of The New Illinois Workers' Compensation Reforms: Critical Strategies To Ensure Compliance And Control Costs" - Illinois Workers' Compensation Forum Lecturer; 2013
- "Workers' Compensation in 2012: How To Navigate The 2011 Reforms To Keep Your Organization Running Smoothly While Avoiding the Potholes" Client Program Creator and Lecturer; 2012
Areas of Practice
- Insurance and Insurers
- Workers' Compensation Defense
Rockford College, B.A. (1995)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, J.D. (2000)