David G. Halm
Los Angeles Office
500 North Brand Blvd., Suite 1650
Glendale, California 91203
David G. Halm is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. He has represented Fortune 100, medium and small companies and individuals in 15 trials, 8 binding arbitrations and 6 appeals. Since 1995 he has focused his practice on complex commercial, real estate and personal injury litigation. He has a broad background in the areas of premises liability, motor vehicle and products liability, contract, lease and partnership disputes, trade secrets and unfair competition, fraud claims and fiduciary duty. Mr. Halm is a top-rated litigation attorney, maintaining a preeminent rating of AV® from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, signifying the highest level of skill and integrity. For more than 25 years he has represented financial services and real estate clients, commercial transportation companies, global retailers, electronics, wood products, appliance and component manufacturers, distributors and sales representatives in business litigation, property defects and breach of contract, premises liability, civil rights and catastrophic personal injury matters. Prior to joining QPWB and since 2006, he has been a founding member and managing attorney of the Los Angeles offices of two civil litigation law firms serving as lead counsel in commercial and personal injury litigation matters. Mr. Halm received his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 1995 and Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1991, graduating with a major in political science. While in law school, he served as editor of the International and Comparative Law Journal and was a judicial extern with the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Western Division; and California Court of Appeal, Fourth District. Select Representations
- International retail store - U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit affirmance of summary judgment by the U.S. District Court.
- Products manufacturer and distributor - commercial litigation, recovery of $3.8 million in damages and attorneys' fees.
- International retail store - premises liability defense verdict.
- National bank and financial services company - breach of contract matter.
- Enforcement of commercial property purchase and sale agreement - bench decision following trial.
- Commercial lease lawsuit - bench decision following trial.
- Clothing designer and manufacturer - verdict in federal trademark infringement matter.
- Building contractor - judgment and successful appeal against homeowners association in breach of contract and successor liability case.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments and dismissals for clients in personal injury cases.
- Bank client summary judgment in breach of contract case brought by broker-dealer claiming over $1 million in damages arising from a $54 million mortgage loan transaction.
Areas of Practice
- Automotive Liability
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- General Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Trucking and Transportation
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D. (1995)
University of California Los Angeles, B.A. (1991)