Michael A. Clouser is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Clouser serves as co-Chair of the Transactional, Mergers & Acquisitions Group and the Sports & Entertainment Group. Mr. Clouser's current practice areas include banking and financial services, business and commercial law, mergers & acquisitions, sports & entertainment, construction, real estate and title insurance transactions, healthcare, corporate and securities law, labor and employment, intellectual property, and trust and estate planning.
Mr. Clouser's transactional background includes handling complex contracts relating to intellectual property and software development, drafting commercial agreements, forming and acquiring business entities, negotiating contracts on behalf of amateur and professional athletes, and handling transactions in the real estate, construction, and healthcare industries.
Mr. Clouser commenced his legal career in California at Latham & Watkins, a global law firm based in Los Angeles where he handled securities and transactional matters. He went on to build a successful sports agency practice with his twin brother Mark where they represented numerous National Football League players in contract negotiations with NFL teams as a certified NFL player agent. He was recognized and quoted in the Wall Street Journal as one of the top NFL player agents for negotiating record setting deals on behalf of his NFL clients.
Mr. Clouser also served as SVP, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary for ten years within a Fortune 500 organization. Prior to joining QPWB, he was a partner at a full-service law firm where he headed the firm's Corporate and Transactional Group and served as co-chair of the construction transactions practice.
Mr. Clouser received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, graduating with highest honors and selected to the Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society for his academic achievement. He received a full academic scholarship to attend law school and served as Managing Editor of the University of Miami Law Review.
Mr. Clouser is licensed to practice law in Florida, California, and Pennsylvania. He has earned professional designations as a Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP).
- Member of the Board of Governors and Legal and Compliance Director for First Coast Worksite Wellness Council, a non-profit sponsored by Florida Blue.
- General counsel for The Bridge Eco-Village, a real estate development company that acquires old properties like schools and malls and converts them to fully sustainable and self-contained mixed-use "Eco-Villages" with housing, commercial/retail space, co-working, urban agriculture, innovation/education center and entertainment.
- Counsel for private companies in equity and debt offerings, including a Security Token Offering through blockchain technology on behalf of a real estate company.
- Counsel professional athletes and entertainers on negotiating Non-Fungible Token agreements with talent management companies.
- Counsel amateur athletes and talent management companies relating to Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) regulations.
- Formation of 501c3 non-profit corporations on behalf of professional athletes and counsel on corporate governance and compliance matters.
Areas of Practice
- Healthcare and Transactional
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Sports and Entertainment Law
- Banking and Financial Services
- Construction and Real Estate Transactions
- Corporate and Securities Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Trusts & Estate Planning
University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
College of William & Mary, B.S.