Michael A. Clouser is a partner in the Orlando office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Clouser serves as co-Chair of the Business Transactions, Mergers & Acquisitions Law Group and the Construction Transactional Division. Mr. Clouser is co-Chair of the Sports & Entertainment Group, and his current practice areas include banking and financial services, business and commercial law, mergers & acquisitions, sports & entertainment, construction, real estate and title insurance transactions, construction litigation, healthcare, corporate and securities law, labor and employment, intellectual property, and trust and estate planning.
Mr. Clouser's transactional background includes handling complex contracts relating to intellectual property and software development, drafting commercial agreements, forming and acquiring business entities, negotiating contracts on behalf of amateur and professional athletes, and handling transactions in the real estate, construction, and healthcare industries. Mr. Clouser also handles construction claims litigation matters and business disputes on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Clouser commenced his legal career in California at Latham & Watkins, a global law firm based in Los Angeles, where he handled transactional and litigation matters on behalf of Fortune 100 companies. He went on to build a successful sports agency practice with his twin brother Mark where they represented numerous National Football League players in contract negotiations with NFL teams as a certified NFL player agent. He was recognized and quoted in the Wall Street Journal as one of the top NFL player agents for negotiating record setting deals on behalf of his NFL clients.
Mr. Clouser also served as SVP, Chief Legal Officer, and Corporate Secretary for ten years within a Fortune 500 organization. Prior to joining QPWB, he was a partner at a full-service law firm where he headed the firm's Corporate and Transactional Group and served as co-chair of the construction transactions practice.
Mr. Clouser received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, graduating with highest honors and selected to the Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society for his academic achievement. He received a full academic scholarship to attend law school and served as Managing Editor of the University of Miami Law Review.
Mr. Clouser is licensed to practice law in Florida, California, and Pennsylvania. He has earned professional designations as a Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP).
- Member of the Board of Governors and Legal and Compliance Director for First Coast Worksite Wellness Council, a non-profit sponsored by Florida Blue.
- Counsel for large roofing company in F Reorganization transaction
- Counsel for importer of goods in the acquisition of a floral wholesaler and retailer companies.
- Counsel for private companies in equity and debt offerings, including a Security Token Offering through blockchain technology on behalf of a real estate company.
- Counsel professional athletes and entertainers on negotiating Non-Fungible Token agreements with talent management companies.
- Counsel amateur athletes and talent management companies relating to Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) regulations.
- Formation of 501c3 non-profit corporations on behalf of professional athletes and counsel on corporate governance and compliance matters.
Areas of Practice
- Banking and Financial Services
- Civil Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction and Real Estate Transactions
- Construction Claims
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Healthcare and Transactional
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sports and Entertainment Law
- Corporate and Securities Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Trusts & Estate Planning
University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
College of William & Mary, B.S.