Michael J. Scully is the Managing Partner of the Workers' Compensation Group in the Chicago office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., his practice primarily focuses on Workers' Compensation defense. Since 2002, he has successfully represented cases before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission, the Illinois Circuit Court and Appellate Court. Mr. Scully has an extensive practice in subrogation matters to protect client's lien interests and secure recovery. He has presented numerous seminars and has lectured extensively concerning misconceptions regarding Illinois Workers' Compensation Law and the reduction of employer exposure in the workplace, among other topics. He has substantial knowledge of the recent Illinois Workers' Compensation Act amendments and its impact on employers.
Mr. Scully received a Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois in 2002 and Bachelor of Science from DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois in 1997.
Mr. Scully is licensed to practice law in Illinois and is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
In 2011, he was named to the Rising Star list in Illinois Super Lawyers.
Mr. Scully's professional affiliations include the Council on Litigation Management's Workers' Compensation Committee, Illinois Bar Association, and Chicago Bar Association.
PRESENTATIONS AND SEMINARS:
- "CEU - Failed Back Surgeries," February 2016
- "Illinois Workers' Compensation Caselaw Updates," March 25, 2011
- "Illinois Workers' Compensation 101," April 2010 & August 2010
- "Illinois Transportation Symposium," December 2009
- "CMS Mandatory Reporting Requirements: What You Need to Know," November 2009 & June 2009
- "Employers: How to Defend Your Work Comp Claims," October 2009
- "Workers' Compensation Pitfalls," August 2009
- "Workers' Compensation MSA or Not?" June 2009
- "Illinois Workers' Compensation Law: An Overview," May 2009
- "Top 10 Ways to Screw Up Your Workers' Compensation Case," May 2009 & August 2009
- "Workers' Compensation 101," April 2008, June 2008 & March 2009
- "Top 10 Misconceptions About Illinois Workers' Compensation Law," October 2008, March 2007
- "CSI Comprehensive Subrogation Investigation," March 2008
- "Medicare Set-Aside Strategies," August 2008
- "How to Minimize Your Exposure in the Workplace," April 2007
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Defense
The John Marshall Law School, J.D. (2002 )
DePaul University, B.S. (1997)