Pamela W. Carter
New Orleans Office
3850 North Causeway Blvd., Suite 630
Metairie, Louisiana 70002
Pamela W. Carter is the managing partner of the New Orleans office at Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Ms. Carter concentrates her practice in litigation and represents clients in a wide variety of areas in federal and state courts in Louisiana and Texas. She litigates complex disputes, insurance claims for corporate clients, employment disputes, commercial litigation and other matters including mold, asbestos, premises liability, insurance defense, coverage claims, bad faith litigation and race/gender discrimination cases. Ms. Carter has represented clients as coordinating counsel for asbestos and hurricane-related claims. In over 25 years of managing and trying cases, she has handled numerous matters involving automotive products, medical devices, general transportation, construction, trucking, toxic exposure, and food products. Ms. Carter has attained the highest rating of an AV ® Preeminent™ from Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. She has been involved in numerous jury and bench trials in state and federal courts and has handled matters in arbitration and mediation.
Prior to joining QPWB, Ms. Carter founded her law practice in New Orleans where she focused on personal injury litigation with an emphasis on trucking and transportation, premises liability, employment, insurance defense and products liability. She specialized in the representation of clients in all aspects of general litigation and litigated injury cases in state and federal courts throughout Louisiana. Before forming her law practice in 2009, she was a television news reporter and practiced as a partner at one of the largest law firms in the U.S.
- Lead counsel for Chrysler Louisiana asbestos cases.
- Counsel in toxic tort actions alleging that thimerosal caused bodily injuries to children.
- Lead trial counsel in admiralty personal injury matters involving the New Orleans Riverwalk barge collision.
- Lead counsel in Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Isaac following catastrophic natural disasters in commercial dispute claims.
- Prepared multiple appellate briefs representing product manufacturers on matters of product liability law.
- Lead counsel in product liability/personal injury/construction/contract/ transportation, insurance cases involving various product liability matters, toxic torts and alleged defective device cases.
Ms. Carter received her Juris Doctor cum laude from Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1995 and Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Louisiana State University in 1989. While in law school, she served on the moot court and as executive editor of the law review; she also served as a judicial law clerk in New Orleans Civil District Court and was a judicial extern with the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeals.
She is licensed to practice law in Louisiana and Texas and is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Carter is a lecturer and publisher of various legal industry and diversity articles. She has been an invited lecturer at seminars of the American Bar Association (ABA), Defense Research Institute (DRI); Claims Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), the Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA), and the New Orleans Bar Association.
Distinctions and Awards
- Recipient, ABA TIPS, Diversity Award 2019
- Recipient, DRI Sheryl J. Willert Pioneer Diversity Award 2018
- Recipient, CLM Professional of Year Award 2014
- Recipient, Chief Justice Bernette Joshua Johnson, Trailblazer Diversity Award 2018
- Appointed DRI Law Institute 2021
- Appointed to the Louisiana Disciplinary Board by the Louisiana Supreme Court (2016-2021)
- Appointed Member of the Board of Governors, Louisiana State Bar Association (1998-2000)
- Appointed Board Member, ABA Tort Trial Insurance Practice Section (2000-2009)
- Former National Director, Diversity Research Institute (DRI) 2017
- Former Chair, Diversity Research Institute Diversity Committee (DRI)
- Former New Orleans Pro Bono Project Board Member
QPWB Announces New Office in New Orleans, Louisiana and Welcomes Pamela W. Carter as Managing Partner
Summary Judgment Granted to QPWB’s New Orleans Defense Team
New QPWB Office and Managing Partner in New Orleans, Louisiana
Areas of Practice
- Automotive Liability
- Construction Claims
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Labor and Employment
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Trucking and Transportation
Southern University Law Center, J.D., cum laude (1995)
Louisiana State University, B.A. (1989)