Brent W. Martinelli is a partner in the Dallas office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Martinelli practices in the areas of general and business litigation with particular emphasis in the areas of creditor-debtor rights, consumer finance, commercial and contractual disputes, and real estate litigation including disputes arising out of virtually any type of real estate venture involving title insurance claims, commercial and residential foreclosures, and collections. In addition, Mr. Martinelli practices in the areas of transportation and construction litigation. Mr. Martinelli is a sustaining member of “Texas Rising Star” Super Lawyers magazine.
Prior to joining QPWB, Mr. Martinelli was a partner with a commercial litigation law firm in Dallas; there, he represented various clients on allegations of negligence, deceptive trade practices, fraud and misrepresentation, wrongful foreclosure and breach of agreement in numerous matters involving all of his areas of practice.
Mr. Martinelli received his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 2002 and Bachelor of Arts from Texas Tech University in 1999. While in law school, he was a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Fraternity.
Mr. Martinelli is licensed to practice law in Texas. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is also admitted in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western District of Texas. Mr. Martinelli is a member of the Dallas Bar Association.
His professional affiliation also include membership in the Foundation Fighting Blindness where he served as co-chair from 2012 to 2014 of the Dallas Vision Walk; he served as a board member of Lakeridge Estates Neighborhood Association, Lake Highlands; and is a volunteer lacrosse coach at Parish Episcopal School.
- Obtained a defense verdict on claims of alleged collusion, fraud and misrepresentation.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict on behalf of a national transportation company and its employee in defense of a suit based upon negligence, respondeat superior and negligent hiring.
- Successfully argued numerous motions for summary judgment on behalf of a nationally recognized plumbing supply house for the nonpayment of materials provided to contractors and subcontractors relating to city, state and federal construction projects. Aggressively pursued all remedies available to the client to enforce and collect on judgments.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a local landscape services provider on a breach of contract claim against the customer.
- Favorably resolved a suit arising out of an alleged breach of a lease agreement on behalf of the tenant.
- Obtained a defense verdict which resulted in the avoidance of $400,000 in damages. The plaintiff alleged wrongful foreclosure and unfair debt collection under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Prevailed on a counterclaim which resulted in an award of damages for the client.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict in defending a nationwide, used car sales and finance company against tortious interference claims and various allegations that the relevant insurance code was violated.
- Successfully defended and prosecuted various claims on behalf of nationally recognized car finance company including claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Texas Debt Collection Act, Texas Finance Code and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
Awards and Recognition
“Texas Rising Star” – Texas Monthly and Law & Politics Magazine, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016