Charles C. DeMartino is a partner in the White Plains office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. His practice focuses, locally and nationally, on civil and commercial litigation in the defense of both privately held and publicly traded corporations in the biotech and long term care fields as well as the provision of risk management services for those clients and counsel regarding related contractual issues.
For the bulk of his career, Mr. DeMartino has represented long-term care providers for which he supervises and coordinates national litigation involving all levels of care. This practice involves personal appearance at mediations nationwide, implementing and coordinating national e-discovery efforts for his clients as well as assisting with the development of document retention protocols at the corporate level.
Mr. DeMartino has handled a variety of toxic tort matters involving complex products liability for manufacturing companies, material handling equipment, leading aerospace manufacturing companies and industrial materials equipment. He also currently serves as co-counsel in a national multidistrict litigation involving surgical use of processed biologics for pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) repair.
Mr. DeMartino has attained a rating of AV® Preeminent™ from Martindale Hubbell Law Directory; the rating is the highest level secured by his peers and the judiciary for ethical standards and legal ability.
Before joining QPWB, and for more than 10 years, Mr. DeMartino was an associate and partner at the New York City firm of Ledy-Gurren Bass & Siff LLP. Previously, and for over six years, he was an associate with a national, AM Law ranked law firm, where he practiced from White Plains, New York as a member of the products liability litigation group.
Select Representative Matters
- Co-counsel in In Re Human Tissue Litigation, a mass tort litigation representing a tissue processor that received human tissue donations from a tissue recovery company that falsified the consents and records of donors.
- Counsel to infertility programs for the purpose of risk-management (informed consent issues) and the defense of pending litigation, both commercial and tort-based.
- Outside Counsel to startup biotech firm developing cryo specimen management systems.
- Toxic tort litigation for a leading aerospace manufacturing company, complex products liability cases for a crane manufacturing company and major manufacturer of industrial material handling equipment.
- Expertise in ESI production in major commercial and tort cases, development of ESI policies and procedures for companies
Mr. DeMartino received his Juris Doctor from St. John’s University School of Law, New York in June 2004 and a Bachelor of Arts from Boston College in May 1999, graduating with a major in Psychology with a concentration in Biopsychology. While in law school, he served as senior editor of the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review.
Mr. DeMartino is licensed to practice law in New York and is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York.