Christopher L. Craun is a partner in the Jacksonville office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. He has over 30 years of jury trial experience in county court, circuit court, federal court, district court of appeal and in administrative hearings as exclusive counsel on civil and criminal matters. His practice focuses on a wide variety of substantive areas of insurance defense, general civil litigation and personal injury actions. Mr. Craun’s practice is emphasized in the areas of long-term care defense, medical malpractice, and general negligence.
Mr. Craun’s practice involves assessing the value of complex, high exposure litigation cases and negotiating settlement agreement. In this capacity, he evaluates and assesses risk, and develops and implements risk mitigation programs.
Previously, and for over 20 years, Mr. Craun practiced as a solo practitioner in Lake City, Florida focusing on complex litigation, health law, general civil law, family law, business law, criminal law, personal injury and medical malpractice for both plaintiff and defense. Mr. Craun has represented physicians, physician groups, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, internet companies, and technology companies. Prior to joining QPWB, Mr. Craun was an Of Counsel attorney with a Jacksonville law firm handling criminal law, delinquency, family law, and guardianships. His experience also includes working as an assistant state attorney for the Third Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office where he prosecuted serious felonies which included drug trafficking, robbery, murder, complex white-collar crime, and violations of the RICO Act.
- Over 100 jury trials in Federal, Circuit Civil, Circuit and County Criminal
- Hundreds of non-jury trials in Circuit Civil, Circuit and County Criminal, Delinquency, and Dependency
- Capital collateral relief
- Numerous appeals to the First District Court of Appeals
- Numerous administrative hearings including, but not limited to, the Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Health and Human Services and Department of Motor Vehicles
- Represented the State of Florida and clients in Circuit and County Court in the following Florida Circuits: Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, Eighth, Tenth, Fifteenth, and Seventeenth
Mr. Craun received his Juris Doctor from Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama in 1990, a Master of Public Health from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 1989, and Bachelor of Arts from David Lipscomb University, Nashville, Tennessee in 1983.
He is licensed to practice law in Florida.
For 15 years, Mr. Craun served as an Adjunct Professor at Florida Gateway College, Lake City, Florida and at North Florida Community College. He is also a certified law enforcement instructor.
Mr. Craun has served as a Teen Court judge and mentor for Columbia and Suwannee Counties, Florida.