Marshall Digmon is an associate in the Memphis office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Digmon focuses his practice on corporate commercial matters with an emphasis on breach of contract actions, business torts, creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, employment matters, insurance coverage cases, product liability and premise claims. His practice also includes healthcare litigation in the representation of skilled nursing and long term care providers and physicians in the areas of medical malpractice defense, nursing home defense, professional malpractice, general liability, and personal injury actions.
Many of Mr. Digmon’s commercial cases include the representation of clients connected to the banking industry. He has successfully handled challenging corporate bankruptcy matters on behalf of major creditor clients. Prior to joining QPWB and for over 10 years, he was an attorney with a Tennessee law firm representing businesses and commercial clients in the areas of business law, litigation, and personal injury. Mr. Digmon’s practice focused in the areas of commercial litigation including creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, and commercial landlord-tenant disputes. His experience includes handling business advisory matters for healthcare professionals concerning employment agreements, employee benefit programs and salaries, non-compete, compliance, lease agreements, and purchase and sale agreements. In addition, Mr. Digmon’s experience has also included representing energy-sector clients regarding EPA regulatory issues, and commercial purchase and sales agreements. He has also advised HOA regarding general litigation matters, foreclosure, and collections.
Mr. Digmon received his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Memphis School of Law in 2011, a Master of Arts from the University of Alabama in 2007, and Bachelor of Science from Vanderbilt University in 2002. Mr. Digmon received a Graduate Certificate summa cum laude in 2016 from the Paul W. Barrett, Jr., School of Banking. While in law school, he served as Articles and Staff Editor of the University of Memphis Law Review and received the Dean’s Award for Excellence for Outstanding Contribution to the law review.
Mr. Digmon is licensed to practice law in Tennessee and Mississippi and is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi; the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Tennessee, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Mississippi; and U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit.
- Presenter, When Good Loans Go Bad, Barret School of Banking Senior Lender Summit, Annual Event 2017-2020. Topics: loan review, collections, litigation, and bankruptcy, among other commercial litigation topics.
- Presenter, Dental Ethics and the Law, College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee HSC, Annual Event 2015-2020. Topics: the law as it relates to dentistry, dental ethics, common traps dentists face.
- An Interview with Judge D’Army Bailey, 41 U. Mem. L. Rev. 879 (2011).
- Playing Fair: Music Arranging and Public Music Education, 41 U. Mem. L. Rev. 413 (2010).
- To Duel or Not to Duel: Anti-Duelling Tracts in Late Eighteenth Century England, 10 Vulcan Hist. Rev. 33 (2006).