Scott M. Teich is a partner in the Ft. Lauderdale office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. His practice is focused in civil litigation, with an emphasis in medical and general liability matters that include medical and dental malpractice, nursing home negligence defense, motor vehicle and construction site accidents, premises liability, products liability, toxic torts, property damage, and insurance defense. He has earned numerous jury and non-jury defense verdicts in those areas.
Prior to joining QPWB in 2007, Mr. Teich was a partner and trial attorney in the law firm of Ritter, Chusid, Bivona & Cohen LLP in Boca Raton, Fla. He was also a partner at Schell, Mitchel & Cooley LLP in Weston, Fla., and at Conroy Simberg in Hollywood, Fla., where he focused on civil litigation and general liability matters.
He is a member of the Florida Bar and the Pennsylvania Bar and is licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Teich graduated from Brown University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in 1980. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Boston University School of Law in 1983.
A frequent lecturer, Mr. Teich has presented various seminars on topics related to general and medical liability. His lectures are attended by healthcare attorneys, claims professionals and risk managers, as well as CEOs, administrators and all employees within a hospital or long-term care setting.
Some of his lectures and presentations include:
- “Medical Errors,” Hollywood Medical Center, Hollywood, FL
- “Your Notes on Trial: A critical look at how nursing notes hold up in a case involving development of a decubitus ulcer,” Palmetto General Hospital, Hialeah, FL
- “The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth: How to keep your cool in the deposition hot seat,” Palmetto General Hospital, Hialeah, FL
- Annual Claims Seminar. Topic: Laws & Regulations. Attended by physicians, claims representatives, and risk management professionals.
- “Preparing the Nurse for Deposition,” Medical College Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- “Risk Management for the Medical Office,” Medical College Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA