Maria E. Trenzado is a partner in the Tampa office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. She is a specialist in civil trials and is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization since 1996. With over 35 years of experience in the defense of lawsuits and having tried hundreds of jury trials involving wrongful death, complex and catastrophic injuries and damages, her practice primarily is focused in the areas of general liability defense in personal and commercial lines of business and specifically includes, professional negligence, medical malpractice, and nursing home defense; automobile, trucking and motorcycle; construction defect; product liability; negligent security and premises liability; negligent hiring and supervision; insurance coverage and bad faith litigation. As a certified mediator and arbitrator, her practice also includes alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Trenzado has served on the Florida Bar Civil Trial Law Certification Committee. She is recognized in Super Lawyers as a preeminent trial attorney in Florida. She is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of one-half of one percent of American lawyers selected for their accomplishments and effectiveness in litigation and their superior ethical reputation, and is an appointed member of the Professional Liability Defense Federation. Ms. Trenzado is featured as one of the leading women in law by New York Magazine and was selected “Business Person of the Year” by the National Business Advisory Committee.
Prior to joining QPWB, Ms. Trenzado was a partner in a multistate law firm specializing in the representation of insurance companies, insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation. She practiced in Tampa, focusing in all areas of her current practices. Previously, Ms. Trenzado established and managed results driven staff counsel operations for SAFECO, USAA and GEICO insurance companies where she also served as lead trial attorney. She has provided international corporations, such as Carnival Cruise Lines, with expertise in claims and litigation avoidance and management.
Ms. Trenzado received her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida in 1985 and Bachelor of Arts from Florida International University, Miami, Florida in 1979.
Ms. Trenzado is licensed to practice law in Florida and is a member of the Trial Law Section of the Florida Bar; she is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Ms. Trenzado is a Certified Circuit Court Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court. Additionally, she is approved by the Florida Supreme Court as an Arbitrator.
Ms. Trenzado serves both national and international clients and is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
- Member, Florida Bar Civil Trial Law Certification Committee
- Past Appointee, Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee of the Florida Bar
- Past Appointee, Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Florida Bar
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America Honorary Society
- Member, Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Appointed to the Speakers’ Bureau of the Florida Bar
Featured Speaker /National and International Conferences hosted by:
- Defense Research Institute
- American Conference Institute
- International Risk and Insurance Management Societies
- Risk Management and Insurance Organizations (various)
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- MEDIARCOM European Mediation Society
- Florida Insurance Defense Bar
- Central Florida Claims Association
- South Florida Claims Association
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
- International Risk and Insurance Management Society
- Partners for Community Legal Education